Re: [K12OSN] How-tos on configuring K12LTSP logons to Active Directory

I've been looking for a direct howto in this for K12LTSP and yours is the best I have found so far.  Here is some feedback.

Step 1

Somewhere before h) you need to add a substep that edits /etc/hosts to be sure the first line is as follows:

127.0.0.1    ltspserver.domain.com    ltspserver

with "ltspserver" and "domain.com" replaced with your server name and domain.

I believe that at the end of stop 1 you also need to change the follwing lines in nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files winbind
group:      files winbind

to:

passwd:     compat winbind
shadow:     compat winbind
group:      compat winbind

Step 3

Be sure to reference yum install pam_mount as this is not clear.

More later...

--
Mel Wade
http://www.melwade.com