Re: [K12OSN] How many clients on server with one PATA disk?

On 05/12/06, Petre Scheie <petre maltzen net> wrote:
fine.  One option we're considering is using a PATA disk.  There *used* to be a problem
with PATA/IDE disks if you had more than 10 clients, but that was some years ago, and in
the mean time, IDE disks have gotten faster, bigger caches, and I suspect that the spec
has improved also, such that the 10-client limit may not apply so much any more.  So,
I'm wondering how many clients people are able to satisfactorily support on a box with a
single PATA IDE drive (don't worry about the RAM).

I would put the limit at 5/6 clients. With IceWM maybe 10.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar