[K12OSN] OT: OpenOffice Impress Woes - Any Ideas?

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Wed Dec 6 02:58:04 UTC 2006

All,

Hello. Recently the computer course in our middle school started
working on OpenOffice Impress. All of the presentation portion is
working fine, including making outlines, etc. However, as soon as
individuals start adding pictures or animations the program just
closes. Then when you reopen Impress it tries to recover the file and
fails.

I haven't seen this happen first hand, but the computer teacher says
this is happening. The students are importing only .jpeg (.jpg) format
pictures. He also says that the program is not working properly as far
as slide change timing and such. The biggest issue right now is Impress
closing after students are importing and/or dragging and dropping
pictures. Any suggestions on something to test or a solution would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Paul

PS - We are using Ubuntu 6.06 with LTSP. The computers are thin clients.

--
Paul VanGundy
Director of Technology
vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us