Re: [K12OSN] OT: OpenOffice Impress Woes - Any Ideas?

John,

Thanks for the idea. They are saving to the desktop first. Very odd situtation...Any more ideas? :)

-Paul

--
Paul VanGundy
Director of Technology

Quoting john  <lists john gmail com>:

If the kids are trying to add pictures directly from the internet, try
having them save them to the desktop first, and THEN dragging them into OO.

John

On 12/5/06, Sudev Barar <sbarar gmail com> wrote:

On 06/12/06, Paul VanGundy <vangundypw sau14 k12 nh us> wrote:
> working fine, including making outlines, etc. However, as soon as
> individuals start adding pictures or animations the program just
> closes. Then when you reopen Impress it tries to recover the file and
> fails.

The only time I have seen it happen is when large files are dopped in.
Maybe it was a memory issue. With LTSP server this should not be an
issue.

In OO-1.xx there used to be an issue if file is saved and closed from
outline view it would not open but with Ubuntu6.06 using OO-2 this is
not the issue.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar