Re: [K12OSN] YUM install from CD

On 12/6/06, Mel Wade <mel melwade com> wrote:
Is there a way to set the Add/Remove Software to look on the CD first
before going to the internet for installation of new features?

I don't know.  I _did_ think of another way to do the same thing, though.

I set up the DVD iso image to be automounted on boot-up, then created
symbolic links to all of its rpms in /var/cache/yum/core/packages/

Details available if you want to go this route.

Calvin