From: ahodson elp rr com
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Refurbished sites/stories
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:28:57 -0700

Hi group
The district's head of instructional technology has asked me to compile
a "how can old computers be used again" using linux and open source. I
believe it's part of a county-wide effort to provide employment to
(twin-plant/maquila) displaced workers. I can rant about how-to, but I
am in short supply of links to disticts and communities where this is
being done. I also know there are vendors in the list that may want to
make sure their contribution appears, as the district will most likely
farm out the initial training and workplace set-up.

I will gladly share the results with the group, as Open Source's mantra
is about sharing information and resources.

cheers
Alan A Hodson
http://links.episd.org/
El Paso TX