Re: [K12OSN] OT: OpenOffice Impress Woes - Any Ideas?

Sudev Barar wrote:
On 06/12/06, Paul VanGundy <vangundypw sau14 k12 nh us> wrote:
working fine, including making outlines, etc. However, as soon as
individuals start adding pictures or animations the program just
closes. Then when you reopen Impress it tries to recover the file and
fails.

The only time I have seen it happen is when large files are dopped in.
Maybe it was a memory issue. With LTSP server this should not be an
issue.

In OO-1.xx there used to be an issue if file is saved and closed from
outline view it would not open but with Ubuntu6.06 using OO-2 this is
not the issue.

Perhaps the thin client is running out of ram? Do you have a swapfile enabled for the clients. I've seen this sort of thing happen when Firefox has a huge background image and there wasn't sufficient memory for the thin client.

-Joe Baker