[K12OSN] Autologin not working

Hello all,

I'm running K12LTSP 5.0 on my test box and I'm trying to got Autologin to
work. I've looked at serveral postings on this but I cannot seem to get it to
work.

http://ltsp.org/contrib/autologin_kdm.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2003-June/msg00401.html

Two things that bother me.

1 I edit the /etc/sysconfig/desktop file as in the second link says to but the
file is empty. Was it suppose to be empty? I went ahead and entered:
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
DESKTOP="KDE"

2. Changes to the /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc seem to have no effect. Is the system
using the file?

So, this leads me to determine which mode the server is using GDM, KDM, XDM
and How do I switch from ??? to KDM?

Now, I also tried to use GDM to autologin as describe in other posting but the
file that they refer to does not exist, gdm.conf.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ray