[K12OSN] DHCP and PXE with two different Class of IP address

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Thu Dec 7 20:44:23 UTC 2006

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

The reason they went to a Class B scheme was to overcome the 254 host
limit.

They are using a /16 subnet mask.

The network in question is at a small tertiary educational
establishment. It provides courses in business studies ( 1 lab),
animation ( 2 labs), certificate in television production, christian
ministry and counselling courses. Also running on the same network are
campus admin, a small regional TV station, TV production and marketing
company, an animation studio with render farm.

Thanks for your time,
Bert