Re: [K12OSN] Automatic user logout script?

How about this:

#!/bin/bash
for ID in $(awk -F: '$3 >= 500 {print $1}')
do
pkill $ID
done

Put this into a file, make it executable (chmod +x), and then set root's crontab to run it at, say 5pm. Fedora defaults to starting user UID numbers at 500 and going up from there, so we avoid killing any system processes.

Petre

Jim Anderson wrote:
Is there a script available to automatically log out users at the end of
the day from K12LTSP?  I have users that tend to leave while still
logged in.  Relatedly, is there a way to force a logout remotely from a
terminal prompt as root?

K12LTSP v.5.0
Dell Pentium D 2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM
24 GX1 clients