Re: [K12OSN] Desktop Control

On 12/7/06, Paul VanGundy <vangundypw sau14 k12 nh us> wrote:
Mel,

I have used both Sabayon and Pessulus numerous times and I have to tell
you that there is a catch. If the users that are logging into your thin
clients are authenticating against Windows Active Directory, both
programs are useless and I can't currently find a program that will
work. If the accounts are on your LTSP Server/Samba server then these
programs will work well. In our district, all of our students currently
authenticate against Windows ADS 2003 and Sabayon will not work. If
anyone has a different experience please do let me know how you do it.
Just wanted to inform you. Thanks.

-Paul

I use IceWM and manually edit the preferences and menu files to lock
the system down. It's not foolproof but seems to be good enough.

--
Robert Arkiletian