Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 6.0.0 Release Candidate #1

Eric Harrison wrote:
Eric Harrison wrote:
Huck wrote:

also...after NOT checking that and completing the install...
when logging in for the first time with a user...some error about Gnome
applets I don't have specifics as I'm off site atm...and didn't think to
write down the error msg and bring it with me..
I'm not getting this error with all of the latest updates applied. I did
see this the last time I tested it, I'm not sure if it is fixed by the
updates or that I am just testing it differently.

Can you double-check that you have all of the latest updates ("yum
update" will do the trick) and see if the error goes away?

Problem occurs even with the latest-n-greatest patches.

It appears to only do it the first time a user logs in. Even after a
reboot, the error message does not pop up.

If I create a new account, the first time the user logs in they get the
error message.

These two commands appear to fix it:

   export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
   gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/mixer.schemas

I'll add this to the install & build RC2...

-Eric