Re: [K12OSN] My (probably really and truly) final issue with pam_mount

I used the following instructions to assign *all*
users who login through GDM to certain groups.  I
don't think this is what you want to do, but maybe
it'll give you some clues.

Snipped from
http://tech.canterburyschool.org/tech/UbuntuWorkstations

Logins validated by the Windows server won't correctly
pickup membership in local groups, making sound, USB
devices, etc. inaccessible. To fix that do the
following (Thanks to Steve Towson, Marist Brothers
International School, Japan):

   1.

      edit /etc/pam.d/gdm to include

            auth optional pam_group.so

   2.

      edit /etc/security/group.conf to include

gdm;*;*;Al0000-2400;floppy,audio,cdrom,video,plugdev,scanner

Explanation:

    *

      No.1 instructs gdm to use the
/etc/security/group.conf
    *

      No.2 assigns membership of the floppy, audio,
cdrom, video, plugdev (usb sticks) and scanner groups
to any user who logs in through the gdm.

-Rob