Re: [K12OSN] sound on Xubuntu/LTSP

Hi Rob,

Read this. It worked for me.

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2

John

On 12/9/06, Rob Owens <hick518 yahoo com> wrote:
I know this is a little off topic for this forum, but
perhaps somebody here has experienced the same thing.

I'm running Xubuntu as an LTSP server, and trying to
get sound working on the thin clients.  Xubuntu uses
alsa by default.  I'm using the "traditional" LTSP --
not Muekow.  Questions:

1) I assume there's no way to use alsa to get sound to
the thin clients, is that correct?

2) How do I go about getting esd running on the
Xubuntu server, or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

-Rob