Re: [K12OSN] off topic - Internet Access Authentication

Squid Proxy...
force authentication...rather than a transparent proxy
wish I could be more specific but I've never done it, just know it's an option.

--Huck

Ray Garza wrote:
Hello Everyone,

This one is off topic but it may be useful to those that work in public libraries.

I need to authenticate users trying to gain access to the Internet. We have a mixture of linux and windows with windows having generic workstation logons. What I would like to see is a patron goto a computer loads up IE or any browser and the firstthing they see is a logon screen. They will not be able to browse anywhere until they are authenticated.

I've looked at NoCatAuth but was unable to get it working and development seems to have stopped. Any ideas as how this could be implemented?

Thanks,

Ray