[K12OSN] Re: off topic - Internet Access Authentication

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Tue Dec 12 11:01:42 UTC 2006

Hi Ray,

Not sure if this is exactly what you need, but here's an option.

Several people on this list have mentioned IPCop. I use it on my home
network with the AdvProxy Server, and URLFilter addons.

I know one of the two can be configured to require users to authenticate
before accessing the 'Net. (Plus a lot of other options)

The addons can also be configured to authenticate users against LDAP /
AD / Windows Domain / Radius, which is a nice way to administer large
groups of users.

More info can be found at www.ipcop.org

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,