[K12OSN] Odd wireless mouse behaviour

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 02:53:21 UTC 2006

I recently got Microsoft (I know not the best names here but they do
sell decent hardware also) wireless keyboard mouse. This is a model
with only one USB plug on the transmitter rather than traditional two
plugs (one for keyboard and one for mouse). I just plug it in and
booted the terminal and thing works BUT only about once in four
attempts!

I also tried making a custom workstation section and defined
X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL  with drivers like "IMPS/2" / "ExplorerPS/2" /
"Microsoft" as well as X_USBMOUSE_PROTOCOL. The custom section was
tried with MAC address and also dhcpd static IP.

But the odd behaviour continues. When it is not working the mouse
makes the pointer move only in up and down direction. If I plug in
another USB mouse at this point of time (without rebooting) that mouse
works without problems while this mouse continues up/down only
behaviour.

Pointers and help welcome.
--
Regards,