[K12OSN] Re: XSane on terminal trouble: "Failed to set value of option mode: Invalid argument"

Also with XINETD_SERVICES = "saned" is added to default in lts.conf, the scanner will scan in binary but XMMS audio fails!

<snip>
Anyone here who would know why my scanner attached to a terminal will only scan in binary, when attached to a standalone linux box works fine in color??  I've read the wiki and it is recognized in a terminal shell as the proper epson...
When in xsane I try to change from binary to gray or color I get an error message:  "Failed to set value of option mode:  Invalid argument"
Thanks Everyone,  Jim
<snip>