[K12OSN] TuxPaint 0.9.16 vs. KidPix a teachers perspective

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:56:52 UTC 2006

While it is OK to have the same account on multiple standalone machines, it
will not be OK to have one login for 20 users on the same machine (i.e. with
LTSP).

This is not a problem with TuxPaint (as the original post implied), but with
the administrative decisions that were made in setting up the lab. Logins for
very young students are tough, but ignoring the operational assumptions of
the OS is going to cause myriad problems (not just with TuxPaint). If/when
you make the change to LTSP consider kiosk-style accounts with one account
per *terminal*, this would at least eliminate having to create/maintain
accounts for every student.