Re: [K12OSN] PyKota RPMS at last!

I use it on *cough* K12LTSP 2.0 *cough*...
and used Jerome's rpms from back in the day..
I have no bells and whistles in use...just simple quotas based on cost per page printing.

I will be installing it on K12LTSP 6.0 next week though using these RPMS...so I'll keep all posted.

--Huck

David Trask wrote:
Has anyone tried this on a stock K12LTSP 5 box with Fedora?  I'd like to
give it a whirl, but want to make sure it won't mess up a production box

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
writes:
Lovely printer quota software =)

[quote from PyKota mailing list]
After far too long, real PyKota RPMs are finally available. There are two
parts to the process of using the PyKota RPMs:

1. Install the support repository for your distribution. See
   http://www.math.ohiou.edu/pub/casit/pykota/pykota-readme.txt for the
   details, paying particular attention to the GhostPCL section, and
MySQL
   on EL4.

2. Acquire the PyKota RPMs that you are interested in. This may be done
   by downloading the latest MegaPack, or by visiting
   http://www.pykota.com/software/pykota/download/tarballs and getting
the
   appropriate packages for your distribution.

Once the support repository is enabled and you have the pykota RPMs you
need, just run "yum localinstall pykota*" and you should be off to the races.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to
e-mail me or the mailing list.

Enjoy!

Matt

-- Matt Hyclak Department of Mathematics Department of Social Work Ohio University (740) 593-1263 _______________________________________________ Support Contracts : http://www.librelogiciel.com/techsupport/ Goodies : http://www.cafeshops.com/pykota pykota mailing list pykota librelogiciel com http://cgi.librelogiciel.com/mailman/listinfo/pykota DON'T POST IN HTML !
[/quote]

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School