Re: [K12OSN] Screen Reset - Bug?

typing 'init 3' at the commandline as root will set you to runlevel 3.

I'm not familiar with what you are referencing on logging in at runlevel 3 to solve the problem.

When you say 'console' do you mean the server but via the gui interface or the server via the command line?

I will be working on my 6.0 server next week and might have some more troubleshooting tips come that time.

--Huck

Mel Wade wrote:
I still have problems with the console starting a new screen session whenever someone in the lab logs off. I've tried loggin in as someone but that doesn't seem to work. I've found reference to logging in a runlevel 3 to correct this problem, but I'm not sure where to go with this. I understand the concept of runlevels but not sure how to check/change this for the login.

I'm also wondering if this is a bug in Verion 6 as I cant think of anything I've changed that would affect this.
--
Mel Wade
http://www.melwade.com