Re: [K12OSN] Off Topic: Local unix user account limit?

Jim, FWIW I've never ever heard of a limit to the number of users...

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many user accounts unix/linux can
handle?  I have a school district that wants to know if we can build them a
server that can handle 24,000 local users.  I don't know if linux can handle
that.  I am also thinking this may need to be a server farm.  They want ftp
folders for all students.  Is there a limit with LDAP that anyone knows about?

Odd request, but if any of you know, I would appreciate the input.
I'll google my a$$ off in the meantime as well.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188