Re: [K12OSN] Off Topic: Local unix user account limit?

John Lucas wrote:

One thing I do know is that if I were planning such a deployment, I would look at a high-performance LDAP solution. Things may have changed, but OpenLDAP is not the fastest LDAP implementation out there. I chose Sun's LDAP server (this was 5 or 6 years ago) based on speed (transactions per second) over OpenLDAP. The RedHat Directory Server may be an open source alternative with
suitable performance and flexibility.

There's also the Fedora flavor: http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/

I hear they're integrating Fedora Directory Server into Fedora Core 7, so maybe it can be part of K12LTSP 7? :o)

Nils Breunese.