Re: [K12OSN] Off Topic: Local unix user account limit?

The Netscape Directory Server and OpenLDAP both had their origins in the LDAP/DS developed at the University of Michigan. Sun bought Netscape's DS when AOL bought out Netscape, and sold it as the Sun One DS. Subsequently, Sun sold it to Red Hat, which released it as Fedora Directory Server. So, FDS is the descendant of Sun's DS.

Petre

Nils Breunese wrote:
John Lucas wrote:

One thing I do know is that if I were planning such a deployment, I would look at a high-performance LDAP solution. Things may have changed, but OpenLDAP is
not the fastest LDAP implementation out there. I chose Sun's LDAP server
(this was 5 or 6 years ago) based on speed (transactions per second) over
OpenLDAP. The RedHat Directory Server may be an open source alternative with
suitable performance and flexibility.

There's also the Fedora flavor: http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/

I hear they're integrating Fedora Directory Server into Fedora Core 7, so maybe it can be part of K12LTSP 7? :o)

Nils Breunese.