[K12OSN] PostSession script, rm command and user directories

Meelis meelis at nlib.ee
Fri Dec 15 16:00:24 UTC 2006

Hi Petre !

This is the weird part of them all :
If I manually remove the directory everything is erased and no problems
occure.
Also if I make a seperate command for every dir and file in the script that
is not removed in the PostSession script they are erased.

For example :

rm -f /home/terminal1/.* <--- all files like .gnome etc. are removed
rm -f /home/terminal1/* <-- all regular files removed
rm -rf /home/terminal1/* <-- all directories that DO NOT contain files are
removed (note the -R parameter! weird ...)

So if a user creates a directory, then now I can remove it with the
PostSession script however if it contains files it's not removed. No problem
like that in old system.

permissions for terminal1 directory
drwx------ 19 terminal1 users 4096 13. dets 11:33 terminal1
it's the systems default permission set when I created a user.

I'll have to try the tar command with parameter -C tomorrow as I'm at home
now and have no access to my except terminal. So I can't test the
PostSession script :)

Meelis
---
meelis at nlib.ee