[K12OSN] Access from outside

We have one K12 LSTP server and have plans to add two more over the next year.  Overall we are very pleased with the results.

I need to find a way to access the server from windows machines to be able to monitor activity at any time of the day.  I need to be able to be on my WinXP laptop at home and VPN into the school's network, connect to a LTSP server via GUI interface and manage the server and monitor activity.

What is the best way to do this?  (The VPN is not the part that I have questions about - just art of the example.)

--
Mel Wade
http://www.melwade.com