Re: [K12OSN] Access from outside

Try NX. On the server:

	yum install freenx

For the client, download and install the NX client from nomachine.com and
import the "client.id_dsa.key" from /etc/nxserver on the server.

NX implements remote X sessions with heavy-duty compression and caching to
make it really perform, even in low-bandwidth (ie. WAN) situations (it is
supposed to work on dialup connections). It also uses SSH for transport, so
you get the benefits of encryption. It has provisions for redirecting sound
and other services too.

On Friday 15 December 2006 15:40, Mel Wade wrote:
> We have one K12 LSTP server and have plans to add two more over the next
> year.  Overall we are very pleased with the results.
>
> I need to find a way to access the server from windows machines to be able
> to monitor activity at any time of the day.  I need to be able to be on my
> WinXP laptop at home and VPN into the school's network, connect to a LTSP
> server via GUI interface and manage the server and monitor activity.
>
> What is the best way to do this?  (The VPN is not the part that I have
> questions about - just art of the example.)

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas gmail com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |