[K12OSN] LTSP/Router

I am still having difficulty with nx over the internet. In fact I don’t seem to be able to use vnc or any other service across the internet. The box is a K12 LTSP 5 machine connected to the internet through a Router. The router has port forwards (NAT) set up for all the relevant services. Some to this machine and some to a windows mail server. I have run a port scan on the internet IP from home and this shows the ports forwarded to the windows box as open (which they are as vpn/email/rdp etc work) but the ones going the Linux box as closed. I presume this must be down to a firewall on Linux. So I tried resetting the firewall to allow everything using webmin. But it still doesn’t work. So I am now confused! Please Help.

Thanks

Theo