[K12OSN] fl_teachertool monitor- control blank screen

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Dec 17 23:56:00 UTC 2006

 Hi Robert,

      Thanks for the detailed howto. I done exactly as you posted. I used
the install.txt file with fl_teachertool,[0.34] and went through the
whole deal. As I said I have rebooted the clients after doing all
the mods. I simply uncommented the line as said,in the lts.conf. It
seems simple enough. When I use both Monitor & Control I get a black
screen with a pointer/cursor and that's were my world crumbles:)...
All the other functions of fl_teachertool works correctly. I double
checked to make sure the root/vnc password is in the /opt/ltsp/i386/root
tree ,and it is. This is a freh install of K12LTSP v5.
I havent retried to recopy the vncpasswd file a second time. maybe this is
worth a shot. Would this prevent Tightvnc from "showing" anything?
I'm thinking i surely do not need to reboot the server for the changes to
take effect on the server side should I? Maybe at least restart vncserver,
maybe?...I dont think I've done that..
I'm missing something simple, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna