[K12OSN] [FINALLY SOLVED!] Odd wireless mouse behaviour

On 13/12/06, Sudev Barar <sbarar gmail com> wrote:
> I recently got Microsoft (I know not the best names here but they do
> sell decent hardware also) wireless keyboard mouse. This is a model
> with only one USB plug on the transmitter rather than traditional two
> plugs (one for keyboard and one for mouse). I just plug it in and
> booted the terminal and thing works BUT only about once in four
> attempts!

Okay this is what I have done so far and  it seems to work...

I noticed on study of /var/log/messages that wehenever hiddev driver
got loaded before usbmouse driver the mouse behaves normally. If the
usbmouse driver gets loaded first then mouse gets stuck. For the
curious I am giving two sequences of thin client boot below for
details the first one is when mouse fails and the second one when it
works.

To force HIDDEV to load before USBMOUSE I edited the file
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.usb and modified the 11th line from:

     for module in keybdev mousedev input usbmouse usbkbd

chnged to:

     for module in usbhid hiddev keybdev mousedev input usbmouse usbkbd

This way usbhid drivers gets loaded and then hiddev driver gets loaded
and then usbmouse and then usbkbd. Without loading USBHID the HIDDEV
does not work. And all these are part of USBCORE.

The logic / description remains same but instead of editing
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.usb I had to finally edit
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.sysinit I added the two modules to line#128 and
achieved the desired sequence of driver loading and got my mouse
working.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar