[K12OSN] rdesktop big square

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Dec 18 21:34:17 UTC 2006

Shawn Powers wrote:
> If this is an issue that's been mentioned before, I apologize...
>
> If I use an HP t5215 (I think that's the model), any time I use
> rdesktop, instead of a regular arrow cursor, I get a giant 1" square for
> a cursor.  I'm assuming it's a problem with the video driver or some
> such thing, but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen that problem.
>
> I'm using K12LTSP 5.0, with a downgraded ltsp_boot kernel, because the
> HP thin client doesn't work with the current ltsp_boot package.  (See
>
> Anyone see a giant square for a cursor in rdesktop before?
>
> Thanks,
> -Shawn

I received an internal question today about the exact same problem on
the exact same configuration. (k12ltsp 5.0/hp t5215)

I built an updated rdesktop version 1.5 package, but that didn't seem to
fix the problem. I have not had the chance to do more than that.

If I find a solution, I'll post it to the list.

-Eric