Re: [K12OSN] Wiki?

Yes, 'da Geekz' web pages have been missing for some time, and I haven't seen any messages from him for quite a while, so I assume he has moved on to other things. This is why I prefer that people post actual documents to the wiki, and not just links to their own pages; even an ugly copy of a page from one's personal collection of how-to's pasted into the wiki is better because the info won't be lost if one's website goes away.

With that said, the Wayback Machine at the internet archive has most of the info from da Geekz' pages, available at
http://web.archive.org/web/20060112093121/http://k12ltsp.howtoz.net/

I think the info in them is still useful if somewhat dated. I suggest that the whole 'DaGeekz HOWTOz Site' be moved from the front page (where it shouldn't have been in the first place) to, say, the software section, with an explanation that the original pages are gone but are available via the Internet Archive and provide a link. I'll even do the work if MediaWiki is ready for us to start modifying pages.

Petre

Huck wrote:
umm guess it is the 'howtoz.net' site that is down...

--Huck

Huck wrote:
http://k12ltsp.howtoz.net/k12ltsp/bonding.htm

broken link...

--Huck

Dan Young wrote:
OK, here's a first cut at the k12ltsp.org wiki in MediaWiki. MediaWiki
is, of course, the wiki used by Wikipedia.

http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/

User accounts will need to be created. The old ones were not
transferred. Anonymous editing is not allowed; wiki-spam has been a
problem on phpwiki.

Your feedback/praise/threats/screams are desired, although requests for
a different wiki engine will probably not be feasible without a detailed
plan for migration from phpwiki. Thanks!