[K12OSN] smbldap script...

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Dec 20 02:59:23 UTC 2006

I just installed on the K12LTSP 6.0 server I'm working on over the
holidays...

btw Erik, your fixes all worked like a charm with a 'yum update' and
running that one mixer script. THANKS!

back to smb ldap...

after using the IDEALX script and creating a test user as per the
instructions...I was unable to login on the thin client side of the
network using said user.

and when attempting to join the machine I had created using

./smbldap-useradd -w <machinename>   (I'm going from memory here...the
-w flag might be different)

to the domain, I am getting the 'no user exists'....

I've tried with Administrator(as per the instructions), root, my login,
and no luck.

Curious if this is just me, I have 'user' security enforcement in the
smb.conf file...

--Huck