Re: [K12OSN] Dropbox question

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:01:52 +0000, dahopkins wrote
> Jim,
>
> Thanks for the response and the script.  I was kind-of suspecting
> that I would need such a solution, and very grateful that you
> already have it!
>
> sorry about the form of the response.  comcast has again placed
> k12osn redhat com on a blacklist as spam and until I can convince
> them otherwise, I have to watch the listserve manually, then compose
> emails to respond as needed. Aaargghh!!

Glad it will help.  I use Drop folders with Windows, Mac and Linux.  You
should be aware that there seems to be a bug with the Samba implementation on
OSX that drop folders do not work.  They work fine from OSX with AFP over TCP
but not with SMB...wierd.  I have found no solution for that.  But the SMB
drop folders work fine with Windows and with Linux.  So unfortunately I still
keep Netatalk around to allow OSX to drop.

Good luck.