[K12OSN] Advocacy in Curriculum

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Wed Dec 20 19:28:53 UTC 2006

On Dec 20, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Accessys at smart.net wrote:

> a little personal advocacy,  give the students a choice of
> keyboards and
> make it known..  have at least both Qwerty and Dvorak loaded and
> ready to
> go.
>
> Bob

As a Dvorak user myself, I wish I could get our keyboarding class to
stop being Qwerty only. Also, you can put a keyboard changer in your
panel so that when you sit down at a student desk (or a student types
something on yours) one click switches the keyboard to the preferred
layout. Gnome represents the default as USA (at least here in
Kentucky) and the other option as USA with a 2 subscript.

Does anyone have a good program that actually attempts to teach
typing rather than simply being a drill program?

Todd