Re: [K12OSN] Advocacy in Curriculum

On Dec 20, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Accessys smart net wrote:

a little personal advocacy, give the students a choice of keyboards and make it known.. have at least both Qwerty and Dvorak loaded and ready to
go.

Bob

As a Dvorak user myself, I wish I could get our keyboarding class to stop being Qwerty only. Also, you can put a keyboard changer in your panel so that when you sit down at a student desk (or a student types something on yours) one click switches the keyboard to the preferred layout. Gnome represents the default as USA (at least here in Kentucky) and the other option as USA with a 2 subscript.

Does anyone have a good program that actually attempts to teach typing rather than simply being a drill program?

Todd