Re: [K12OSN] smbldap script...

yes, that's what I used Dave.
and then following your instructions steps 18+...
added user account and machine account...

and no love :(

was wondering if I needed to somehow tell LTSP to authenticate via ldap or something?

David Trask wrote:
smbldap_installer is based on the IDEALX script....are you using it? works very well and is easy. http://www.majen.net/smbldap

It will become part of Edubuntu (in more refined form) in Feisty

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
writes:
I just installed on the K12LTSP 6.0 server I'm working on over the holidays...

btw Erik, your fixes all worked like a charm with a 'yum update' and running that one mixer script. THANKS!

back to smb ldap...

after using the IDEALX script and creating a test user as per the instructions...I was unable to login on the thin client side of the network using said user.

and when attempting to join the machine I had created using

./smbldap-useradd -w <machinename> (I'm going from memory here...the -w flag might be different)

to the domain, I am getting the 'no user exists'....

I've tried with Administrator(as per the instructions), root, my login, and no luck.

Curious if this is just me, I have 'user' security enforcement in the smb.conf file...

--Huck

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School