Re: [K12OSN] smb/ldap woes..

didn't find any ldap logs in /var/log...not sure where those go to...
but smbpasswd -w <myldappasswd> did the trick...

Now to get permissions setup...as the 'home' directory was unaccessible due to rights :)

Yay, thanks!

And as an add-on...the registry hack still needs to be done on XP Pro systems:

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]*

*"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000*

*"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000*

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]*

*"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000*

*"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000*

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]*

*"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000*

*"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000*

cliebow midmaine com wrote:
smbnpasswd -w yourldappw..assuming you have looked at ldap plogs to see if
samba is talking to ldaap

I'm thinking this is more of a samba thing than an ldap thing...

I keep getting 'access denied' when attempting to join a machine to the
domain.
have tried 'administrator', 'Administrator', and 'root' ...
they all have the same passwd at the moment...

I remember running into this issue before but it was long ago...and my
memory fails me as to the fix.
any ideas?

--Huck