[K12OSN] Problems with the esd+ALSA hack

Hi Folks,

I recently installed this http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2 to try to alleviate some choppy audio issues. Audio does seem smoother while playing games, but not when scrolling web pages (with audio in the background). The big, huge dealbreaker problem is that now I've lost Flash sound. (Another hard-fought battle involving installing the beta 9 plugin and some hacks I can't even remember right now.)
Can someone suggest a way to get Flash audio back
with the esd+ALSA hack? Otherwise I'm going to have to roll back.
Merry X-Mas.

ck