[K12OSN] Thanks to FreeGeek..

HVJA-the latest school I've installed K12LTSP at(first LDAP/SMB I've done thanks to Cliebow's saving tip) got a grant for diskless workstations.

Got 20 machines from them and was able to build out an entire lab for under $5500, inclusive of the big nasty APC UPS for the server, and switches.

So just for comparison if I were going with $500 workstations all self-contained and no server it would have cost $10000. Thus we've just saved $4500 and all of the licensing fees associated with any of the software(not to mention we wouldn't have a server for authentication/home directories/file sharing/etc).

Yay is all I can say and THANK YOU FREEGEEK!
http://freegeek.org/grants.php

there's a link to their grant request page...for any interested.

--Huck