Re: [K12OSN] Quicktime challenge and FOSS support

That is what I was thinking about the open source podcast on quicktime.

Yeah, I know you can play them but I think it is a couple of versions behind in its support. I want my quicktime trailers on Linux.

Tim

On 12/27/06, Nils Breunese <nils breun nl> wrote:
Timothy Hart wrote:

> Makes me wish that Apple would just support and Linux version of
> Quicktime. Wishful thinking.

I believe it is perfectly possible to play Quicktime files on Linux.
Ok, it's not officially supported by Apple, but it works. That being
said, I'd say better encode an open source podcast using an open
source encoder like Ogg.

Nils.