[K12OSN] Gnome submenu empty under IceWM in version 5

Apologies for hijacking Julian's thread about slowness in starting up certain apps.

When I login using IceWM on my version 5 server, the Gnome submenu is empty. Did I miss something during installation that should have populated that submenu? How do I fix it after the fact?

Petre