Re: [K12OSN] Elementary school software needs...

Tuxpaint above all else.

Luis

Huck wrote:
This is my first elementary school setup...
from Preschool to 8th grade.

Am I missing any pertinent software in my menus?
(keep in mind the teacher have ONLY used what meager resources they had in the past to teach typing and write papers)

I have setup menu items for:

openoffice(all components)
scribus
the gimp
gcompris(for the little dudes)
firefox(just installed 2.0 via the following *worked like a charm*:
wget http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/fc6.i386/remi-release-1-2.fc6.remi.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh remi-release-1-1.fc6.remi.noarch.rpm
yum --enable-repo=development update firefox

calculator
terminal
connect 4, jezzball, mahjongg, minesweeper, solitare, and hangman ;)

they gotta have SOME entertainment no? :)

are there any uber-vital apps for elementary kids that I've missed? TuxType/TuxMath?

--Huck