Re: [K12OSN] Testing actual network speeds

Hi Carl,

1. Whats your memory usage look like when some of your clients aren't repainting very well?
2. Whats your CPU usage look like when some of your clients aren't repainting very well?
3. Make sure you have a gigabit card on the server going to that gigabit switch so that the servers nic isn't the bottleneck.

For general network testing you could look at iperf http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/
Basically it has two parts, a server and a client. You install the server, which listens on a high port, and you use the client to send it chunks of data. I don't know that this would be informative on a k12ltsp setup, but you could always put a stand along machine in the mix and run the iperf client from there.

John