[K12OSN] Using clients' network boot BIOS option

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Feb 1 14:32:18 UTC 2006

Machines of the past few years usually have an option in their BIOS to boot from the
LAN.  But whenever I've tried using it with a K12LTSTP server, it doesn't work, the
client doesn't boot from the server.  Should this work?  Do I have to add something to
lts.conf?  I generally favor boot floppies, but I've got one machine that starts to boot
from the floppy but then the screen goes grey and I get a line of garbage characters in
the middle of the screen.  So, I need an alternative way to at least test booting.  This
machine has a boot from lan option, but like all the others I've tried, it doesn't seem
to work.

Petre