[K12OSN] Help!! All clients fail to log onto desktop

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:53:44 UTC 2006

Help!  I got to work this morning to find 30 students milling around the
library computer all asking me to fix the server...

All of the terminals will boot up to our logon screen.  The boxes accept
logons and progress to the plain icewm background- but no taskbar.

I had a student helper start a DMCP Chooser from a linux standalone in my
room to logonto the library server...   Everythning is fine...  Full
desktop.

I haven't made any recent changes to this server.

Please, any ideas are welcomed.

Jim