[K12OSN] OpenOffice 2.0 (aka 1.9) and 4.2.1EL

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:00:37 UTC 2006

>I vaguely recall that when OOo 2.0 is released you won't need an RPM.
> You will be able to use the OOo installer on any distro. Similar to
> the way it is now but without the fiddling with user home accounts.
>I  think you will be able to run both 1.x and 2.0 side by side.

Hmmm....I tried installing their rpms but openoffice.org-2.0 won't
start.  It just hangs.  I don't get any feedback from running it from
the command line or with -v.   I'd love to be able to use this so we
can use the new oo-Impress but still have tried-and-trueness of our
oo-1.1.2.   Any ideas about this?  We're running 4.2el on Centos
x86_64.  They say in their readme that it's possible to run 2 along
side 1.x.  Their generic installaion instructions say to use -Uivh but
opted to leave out the U.

Thanks,
Peter