[K12OSN] 2 Questions- No volume control and TV card...

Burke Almquist balmquist at mindfirestudios.com
Fri Feb 10 01:24:16 UTC 2006

Remember since you are using LTSP that when you are in X you are
looking a display of the server. The X server running on the client
is sending video and keyboard input to the server and the server
sends the display to your client. So the sound, disks, etc that you
see in LTSP are the ones on the server by default.
I don't remember if the default gnome volume control will let you use
ESD as the source instead of the hardware (ALSA/OSS). If it does,
then you'd have to change that setting in the pref, or maybe even in
gconf, I'm not sure. Also, you also need to be running a sound
server, just like you need to have file shares enables on the client
in order to use local devices/disks.