[K12OSN] CHUCK:re sme7 dans and ldap

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Feb 13 20:41:39 UTC 2006

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, February 13, 2006 at 12:19 PM +0000 wrote:
>I have slapd running fine on sme7..even squid proxy authentication works
>fine..Been talking to Steve Noble about it..But still cant get users and
>groups to show up..chuck

I'm still running 6.01.....downloaded 7 today and hope to throw on a
sandbox this afternoon.  I'm wondering if the LDAP setup under the hood
has changed at all....and if so....can you run authconfig to simply point
to another server and do the proxy auth from the info stored there?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org