[K12OSN] sound using esd does not work on 4.4.1

Krsnendu Dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Fri Feb 17 16:02:04 UTC 2006

Generally in LTSP when logged in as root sound is not sent to clients;
sound is only sent when logged in as a user. You seem to have turned it
the other way around. Try logging in as user run xmms and specify the
name/ip address of the client in the settings and see what happens.

Krsnendu dasa

P.S. I have a 4.4.1 sandbox but I have not really tested the sound on it
yet. I also considered it for the sound feature. At the same time I
installed the sandbox I also turned on the "sound hacks" option in my
production 4.2.0 server and now sound works well. xmms, tuxmath, flash
websites, Mplayer, etc. Haven't got WINE sound working yet...