[K12OSN] Schoolmaster / schoolmaster.com

Mike Heins k12osn at perusion.com
Fri Feb 17 18:19:34 UTC 2006

Quoting Paul VanGundy (vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us):
> Sharon,
>
> I agree that size makes is a factor, but isn't the focus. It really
> depends on what features your district demand from an SIS and are those
> features offered. You may have two school districts with 2500 students
> but District A may use their SIS more exhaustively than District B.
>
> An example, we really need features to keep track of discipline. That
> features doesn't exist in Centre. With PowerSchool we can track
> discipline by day, time, and location.

We are a Catholic school, so the discipline follows another track. 8-)

> So we can pull up all students
> that during 9am-11am on February 17th were truant. It will give us all
> the students that meet these conditions. Centre and SchoolTool can't do
> that. That is a feature we need to have because that's what our district
> uses to track discipline. Other school districts might not.
>
> Again, the above was an example but the focus should be on what are the
> needs of your district and not necessarily the size.

I will definitely check out Centre and some others. Our needs are not
really that stringent.

--
Mike Heins

Making the simple complex, that is easy -- anyone can do that.
But to make the complex simple, awesomely simple, that is
true creativity.  -- Charles Mingus